Accused robbers arrested after backing car into Fort Pierce Taco Bell

Jordan Oliver

Jordan Oliver

FORT PIERCE — For a third time in a week, armed robbers have struck — but this time one was arrested after the assailants backed their car into the Taco Bell on U. S. 1 following a fight in a car, according to police reports.

The crash caused $20,000 in damage, according to the reports. Investigators can’t say if the three armed robberies are related.

No arrests have been made in the two previous robberies, both involving small groups of men confronting lone individuals on a city street.

About 9:40 a.m. Feb. 15, a pedestrian was robbed of a $2,200 tax refund while walking at the corner of North 27th Street and Avenue M, reports state.

About 5:42 p.m. Feb. 21, a bicyclist was on the sidewalk in the 800 block of Orange Avenue when he was hit in the face by a gun held by one of three men who accosted him, reports state. The bicyclist’s wallet and bicycle were taken.

Later at 10:22 that night, a male was kissing his girlfriend in a car in the Taco Bell parking lot when someone she knew parked next to them. A man, now identified as Jordan Oliver, 21, of Port St. Lucie, came up to their car window and asked for a light, the reports state.

Suddenly the boyfriend was hit in the face and the assailant got into the back seat and reached for the man’s money, leading to a scuffle inside the car. A second male got into the car and attempted to choke the boyfriend and drag him into the back seat, according to the reports.

When the girlfriend attempted to get out, she was grabbed by the hair. But she broke free and ran into the restaurant to get help, reports state.

The assailants fled to their car and rammed the building while backing up. Then they sped off.

Within hours, Oliver was arrested on charges of armed robbery and damaging a building. Oliver, of the 900 block of Southeast Proctor Lane, was arrested by detectives who brought him in for questioning about his reporting his car being stolen.

When asked about the robbery, he refused to talk, police said.